Day 136 - Figuring things out, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Eric and I went out for a Happy Hour drink this afternoon and had a more serious talk.

We had to face the fact that our financial situation is pretty bad and we can't keep on this road. We wont survive.

One of us is going to have to get a higher paying job outside of the art field.

Even though Eric is willing to do it...I believe that it should be me.

I'm 5 years younger than Eric, It's not as big a deal for me to take a career detour for a year or two. Once Eric's client base expands I can afford go back to doing what I love. It's a temporary set back and it's worth it to me. I would hate to see Eric get stuck at a job he hates. It would be harder for him to leave and I don't see much room for growth in the company I'm in now anyway. They're paying me peanuts.

So it's official. I'm job hunting again...A better paying job is the only way we'll be able to pay off the student loans, hospital bills (You don't want to know how much last month's surgery cost) and credit cards. Otherwise it'll just follow us to our grave.

Life is filled with struggles, ups and downs. I love Eric and I know that we can go through anything together. These current money troubles are just another bump in the road that we'll overcome like everything else.

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:41 PM |


2 Comments:


At Friday, June 27, 2008, Blogger Nightmare 

There is always doing sketches for nosey jerks in the midwest!

At Tuesday, August 05, 2008, Blogger Kathleen 

I know you posted this a while back, but I found my job through a temp agency. I have no clue if they're still around, but if so, give Interim a chance. They were the only temp agency that actually called me back and got me jobs (to say nothing of the interview for what ended up being my full-time job when I lived there).



<body>