15.6.08
129 - Petals

129 - Petals, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Spring is fading, the petals are falling from the trees and Summer is arriving in the city

Summers in San Francisco tends to be foggy, usually clearing up by the mid afternoon and the fog moving back in the evenings. You can hear the fog horns from the ships passing under the Golden Gate bridge all over the city at night.

The wind from the bay can be really chilly. You can only wear short sleeve shirts for short intervals of time and you always have to carry a sweater wherever you go because the temperature can drop at any time.

Not many people (outside of the tourists) wear shorts in the summer. Since I moved to San Francisco I've worn jeans all year long. The Summers fade into Autumn, the autumn becomes Winter, Winter is Spring. It's all basically the same here.

This is a shot of me and Eric. Eric is on the top left handing me the petal, I'm on the bottom.

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:36 PM |


1 Comments:


At Tuesday, August 05, 2008, Blogger Kathleen 

I used to play Spot the Tourist - it was easy. They were the ones in shorts, goose bumps and the San Francisco sweatshirt they had just bought in Chinatown. Nobody believes me when I tell them it's bloody chilly in SF in July. They act like I'm lying to them or don't know what I'm talking about even though I lived there for four years.



<body>