This morning I woke up to the feeling of the bed shaking and then something falling on the side of my head...

HARD

I sat up with a start, there was a sharp pain on my ear... I saw our cat, Fiona ( see here ) leap off the bed and dart out of the room with a crazed high pitched meow.

My first thought was.. "Earthquake?"

Eric had been startled awake too, he sat up and gazed around the room.

I put my hand over my ear and winced. It hurt so badly... I felt a sticky warmth on my fingers and I gazed down at them. They were covered with blood.

I looked at Eric and his eyes were opened wide in shock "Honey,.. there's blood all over your ear What's going on??!"

What a horrific way to wake up. I thought I was going to pass out.

I clambered off the bed and ran to the bathroom. I pulled a bunch of toilet paper off the roll and pressed it against my ear. Blood dripped in the sink. I gazed at my reflection and saw three deep cuts on my ear. One on the upper lobe, 2 on the sides.

It took me a moment to register what had happened...

Something spooked Fiona. She must have jumped onto the bed, then the bookshelf over the bed and then lept down on my head, her claws digging into my ear to gain footing and then she sprinted out the room in fear.

WEIRD.

Eric cleaned the cuts on my ear and put anti-septic on it. The bleeding stopped and the swelling went down. It will probably scar, but it's just my ear. Who *really* looks at people's ears anyway? The cuts aren't deep enough to require stitches and life goes on...

But this incident doesn't come as much of a surprise, things in general have been crazy lately. I think fiona is responding to the tension. There are troubles going on that I can't write about on public photo updates that are open to everyone. Troubles that are much more serious and pressing than finding an apartment.

It might help to write about it here, but It wouldn't be wise.

Things will get better soon. I know it.


Day 41 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 3:13 PM |


2 Comments:


At Wednesday, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Ouch! You should really have that cat declawed!

My cat used to do that too and I had her declawed 2 years ago. It makes a big difference!

At Monday, November 12, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Declawing Fiona won't help - besides I think she's too old anyway. Boris & Igor are both front declawed and they get me all the time with their back claws. And if Fiona was looking for traction, she was using her back claws.

*hugs* I'm here for you, you know.



<body>