26.10.07
Day 32 - Sushi

Day 32 - Sushi, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Whenever I go grocery shopping, I stop in the sushi section and pick up a carton of Avocado rolls. It's only $3 dollars and it's made fresh in front of you.

The walk up the steep hill to our apartment is brutal. Half way there I am always dizzy and breathless.

I've discovered a way to make it less painful

I'll sit down on the red steps of this beautiful Victorian home half way up the hill with a great view of the bay.

I take the sushi out of my bag. Balance the carton on my lap, pull out my chopsticks and eat it while I watch pedestrians stroll back and forth, take in the sunshine and the environment. It's the most peaceful moment of my day..I see little pugs prancing down the road pulling on their leashes, couples holding hands, bohemians, punks, "yuppies", old hippies from the Summer of Love, "Hipsters". "techies", artists.. passerby's smile at me and I smile back

When I'm finished I put the chopsticks back in the carton, toss it in the trash can on the corner and continue my journey home lugging all my heavy grocery bags up that massive hill with a smile.

It's my secret guilty pleasure.

Now I love Grocery shopping.

Day 32 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 6:26 PM |


1 Comments:


At Saturday, October 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

mmmmm sushi!!!



<body>