Day 39 - Back to square one, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Ignore the previous picture and the excited title description.

It's not happening.

John DIDN'T like the apartment.

He didn't get a feeling from the place and said we could do better.

There are four of us that will be living and paying for the apartment. If we don't ALL love it, then we have to move on. we're friends and we're sticking together.

so...We are back to square one.


I tried to mask my disappointment, smile and say "Okay, guys..lets get back to the apartment hunting!" but I don't feel it. I fell in love with the place and I was ecstatic at such a great find.

But Hey...life goes on

Tomorrow we will reluctantly hand back the keys and continue our search.

It's October 31st so obviously We wont have an apartment lease signed by November 1st, so it looks like we wont be giving our 30 day in advance departure date to our current landlord. So now I guess we're looking for an apartment for Jan. 1st.

Living in a confined space for such a long time can give you a touch of cabin fever, which is what I'm experiencing at the moment. I'm a bit disheartened, but the feeling will pass. C'est la vie. I feel kind of silly for getting as excited as I just did. It was premature.

I'm grateful to be here in this city with my friends.. I need to keep things in the right perspective. We all got a little too happy about it and a little too soon.

it's times like this that I need to remember my new years resolution to "let go"

It's Halloween.

The famous San francisco Halloween party in Castro is closed this year. I'm not much in the partying mood at the moment. maybe it's the apartment situation, maybe it's the uneasy feeling that still lingers after yesterday's earthquake.. This will be the first halloween that I'm staying at home.

But HAPPY HALLOWEEN regardless.

P.S. This text will be replaced by actual photograph eventually.

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:10 PM |


2 Comments:


At Thursday, November 01, 2007, Blogger Brandy 

HOW? How did he not fall in love with it??? How can he think that after all the horrid things you'd seen and how hard it has been that something better will come along?? I'm not saying it won't but but that place looked pretty much like the worlds best apartment.

It seems completely unfair that 3 people LOVED but since he didn't you won't get to live there.
Majority should rule!

What exactly is he looking for in an apartment? Perhaps his expectations are unrealistic. And more importantly if he had loved it and one of you guys hadn't felt it what would have happened?

In my experiance finding something everyone absolutely adores is hard. If you haven't already maybe you guys need to sit down and make a list of the things you think are absolute musts in an apartment. And things that you can let slide a bit.

I'm really sorry Clarity that he didn't like it, he needs his eyes checked.

I really hope he is right and something better comes along.

At Monday, November 05, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

I have to agree with B. I don't think John understands how hard it is to find great affordable apts. in SF. Not that it matters now. I wish you all the most incredible good luck so that you can find something all four of you love.

*hugs*



<body>