WE FOUND AN APARTMENT!, originally uploaded by clarity25.

We found it!!! Our dream apartment!!!

It almost doesn't feel real, I have to pinch myself.


Could we really be this lucky? After so much searching, disappointments and struggles.. we found the perfect place to live!

It's in the heart of the city, beautiful building that dates back to the early 1920's. with everything original just re-painted with a new kitchen. I can close my eyes and imagine the original tenants back in the roaring twenties..Cable cars travel up and down this road, it's close to everything and anything we could possibly want to walk to.

We saw it on Craigslist (by refreshing the website over and over) and we moved FAST. We immediately called and we were the FIRST people to view it.

It's cheap for the area (an EXTREMELY rare find) and all newly remodeled. It doesn't have a view of the golden gate bridge from the livingroom but you can easily go up to the roof and see it from there.. that and all of downtown San Francisco!

It has a fireplace, 2 bedrooms, spacious livingroom, eat-in kitchen, perfect bathroom. It's so BRIGHT. Huge baywindows IN EVERY ROOM. Original Vintage molding, fancy lights, hardwood floors. It's classy, but we can add a bohemian touch once we move in and decorate.

We ran around excitedly from room to room "Ahhing and Ooohing", the landlord watched with amusement. She said she has a good feeling about us and that the best tenants are the ones that love the place they're living. So she wants us to move in.

John was at work and unable to view it. So she gave us the keys to the flat so we could show him in the evening and the application form. She said to show it to him to tonight, fill out the application and it's OURS.

Otherwise she'll take back the keys tomorrow morning at 11 A.M. and rent it out to someone else. Which wont be much of a problem for her because she said that places like go very fast. They get rented within hours.

We're all so excited right now. Celine (John's wife) Eric and I are jumping up and down and waiting for John to return so we can show him this flat. How could he NOT love it? It's affordable, spacious and in the best location in town. he's going to flip!

It's like winning the lottery! I just wanted to share the good news.

My fingers are crossed that John feels the same way as we all do. .. If he does, we'll be moving into the most beautiful place I've ever lived in my life for a price that is almost UNIMAGINABLE for place of this size in this location.


And even though I'm in my twenties, This will be the most "adult" apartment I have ever lived in.. if that makes any sense? Does that makes sense?

I know it's just an apartment, but it's so hard to find a place like this in SF. We've been searching non-stop for days and days. I was close to giving up and crying. It felt like we were never going to get a break, nothing good would open up to us.

It just did.

But it's not official yet. So I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

I'll keep you posted!

I'm so happy right now. things are looking up...

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 6:37 PM |


3 Comments:


At Thursday, November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

OOooh, the apartment looks fabulous, I can't see why John wouldn't love it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get it.

At Thursday, November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I agree with Vicola, it is sooo nice, he'd be insane not to love it!!
In all my years apartment dwelling I have never seen a more beautiful place!
I'm swooning over it!

At Thursday, November 01, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

What a beautiful apartment, Clarity! I can't imagine John wouldn't love it...knowing what's available out there. ;-)

*fingers crossed* that all goes well! Good luck!



<body>