The first part of Saturday was filled with random errands. A chance to make up for all the things I can't accomplish during the week. Dry cleaners, food shopping, gift buying, oil change..etc Not so fun.

But in the afternoon when Eric returned from work, we went out to eat in a part of town we rarely drive into.

Eric also needed a haircut and we wandered into a little hole in the wall barbershop.

"A nice Italian Barber Shop"

The walls were covered with pictures of The SOPRANOS, the cast of GodFather and posters of "Good Fellas". There were vintage mafia articles, 1960's signs, dim lighting. There was one hairdresser, a lady with a great sense of humor and a thick italian New York accent. I watched her cut Eric's hair and avoided eyes with the overweight guy that looked like "Pussy" from the Sopranos in the backroom. He kept giving me suspicious glances and jumped everytime the front door opened.

I felt like I had entered a mafia movie. The atmosphere was awesome.

The blowdrying job she gave Eric after the cut made him look a bit like John Travolta from "Saturday Night Fever". he hummed the tune of "Stayin Alive" as he strolled out of the barber shop. but once he washed it...it fell into place. She did a great job.

We had a fun night eating coconut shrimp for dinner and lazying around in bed talking all night long.

I love Saturdays.I don't want the weekend to end....

Day 154 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 10:04 AM |


1 Comments:


At Tuesday, May 15, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

I hate spending Saturdays running errands, too. At least you had some quality time with Eric. I'm highly jealous of you two, you know. ;-)



<body>