Day 124 - A new beginning, originally uploaded by clarity25.

This morning we checked the voicemail on Eric's cellphone and received the following message

"My apologies for calling so late. We had a lot of applications to go through. This message is for Clarity and Eric Smith. All your referrals, your credit and background all checked out. My wife and I would love for you to be our new tenants. Please give me a call back at your earliest convenience and we'll make an appointment to sign the lease."

I can't remember the last time I felt SO ELATED! I covered my mouth, slid down the wall in shock and then started crying. It was tears of relief. It was tears from wanting something for so long, for struggling for so long and the insane relief when it actually works out the way we had hoped it would. It's overwhelming when you finally get that first break.. just at that moment when we were close to giving up.

Eric and I hugged eachother tightly. Then I started jumping up and down.

After a series of crushing disappointments and months of searching...It happened. It finally happened

and yes, It's 100% official!!

Eric and I now have cozy studio apartment of our very own

We just signed the lease 30 minutes ago and TOMORROW we will be getting the keys from the previous tenant.


It's a studio apartment right between Pacific Heights and Nobhill. I'm sure that anyone living in SF has an idea how hard it is to find affordable housing in this area. It's an old fashioned edwardian style 3 story home with about 12 other tenants on a tree-lined sunny street. It's $1050, (A steal.. believe it or not) It has a built in bookshelf, a walk in closet, full kitchen with room for a dining table + chairs, a bathroom down the hall with a bathtub. (this will be our first home with a true bathtub)

and it's only a five minute stroll down the hill from our roommates. So it'll be easy to visit regularly.

We've been putting aside money little by little over the past few months, and we can afford the deposit, first months rent now. all the working overtime and sacrifices have paid off.

I can't wait to get the keys and step inside our very own place tomorrow. It's small, yes.. but it's OURS and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all your good vibes and encouragement. You were right, eventually we would find that perfect place and we just did.

I still can't believe this!.. even while I type this...Now I have to sign off. Eric and I are heading out to walk by our new apartment and just stand in front of it to gaze at it like 2 big dorks.

But we're not just looking at the entrance to our new home, we're looking at a brand new beginning for both of us.

I will update again tomorrow with pics of the inside of our new apartment tomorrow! I just had to share the good news right away!

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:29 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>