My receptionist job ended today.

As soon as I arrived home...I shed off the business suit and kicked the high heels off my feet.

Back to my comfy socks, faded jeans and converse.

It's weird how something as simple as slipping on a pair of shoes can change how you feel and how you behave.

When I put on a pair of high-heels, I feel like I'm stepping into a role. I'm playing a part. Sometimes I'll pass my reflection in a store window as I'm heading to work and not recognize myself. I wonder if anyone else realizes that I'm playing dress up. If I look as strange in a business suit as I feel...

I think a lot of people have a split life..One person at work and another person at home. The work person becomes your Alter-ego.

I wonder if all the lawyers, C.E.O's, accountants..etc that I've worked with over the past few weeks feel the same. I wonder if they go home and pull on a pair of ripped jeans, let down their hair and roll up their sleeves exposing tribal tattoos.

Note: The blue Converse are mine, The red ones are Celine's and the other ones belong to John. It seems like everyone has an old pair of converse somewhere in their closet. Almost everyone I know anyway, ranging from age 12 to age 50.

Do you?

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:27 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>