I walked down to Jackson Square this morning to start my temporary receptionist job

This office was extremely trendy and mod. Exposed brick walls, Big silver letter announcing the name of the company over the receptionist's desk. large windows on all sides, Bright colors on the inside walls.

My boss was british. She spoke quickly and walked fast. She gave me a fast tour of the break room, conference room and introduced me to some of my co-workers. (All European as well mostly from Spain, Denmark and United Kingdom. All in their mid-twenties and thirties)

"Here's where you'll sit.. Here's the phone... Here's a pen and a notepad. I'm booking the conference room between 1-4 P.M., The C.E.O will be out until Friday. I'll be around the corner if you have any questions."

and she was gone.

I stood there uncertainly for a moment. I had no clue what to do next.

And then the phone rang.

I looked around nervously, then eased into the receptionist chair, and picked it up...

That marked the start of a very nerve-wracking first day. I had to feign confidence and appear to know what's going on when I really didn't. The only thing that betrayed my true state was my foot trembling under the table. Luckily no one could see that...

But I remembered to smile.

Note: Every company I've worked for so far has had the same type of carpeting. It's an odd thing I've noticed that kind of unifies them all...

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:24 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>