Day 110 - Still Alive, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Yes, I'm still alive Sorry it's been a few weeks since my last update. I've been taking a self-portrait nearly every day, but I haven't had a chance to post all of them until now.

I worked 14 days consecutively without a single day off and that was exhausting. I would come home and just pass out.

I worked at a law firm in the financial district, (I wrote all about my first day - www.flickr.com/photos/clarity25/2265312979/ - and yes it explains the mysterious FED EX package ) I had a weekend job at a fancy dog show *don't even ask* in Daly City and then another 7 days at a multi-media company in SOMA. It's been insane. I didn't expect to be thrown into so many random jobs within such a short period of time. I came down with a bad cold in the middle, and nearly overdosed on Excedrine + DAYQUIL to make it through...


But the money was good and it was fun jumping into random occupations. Now I can take a breather and get back to my artwork. It provided a bit of a little bit of a financial cushion.

The weather is beautiful today. It's nice to be able to take a blanket up to the rooftop and just sunbathe.

You can move easily from one rooftop to the next to find the best spot. The gaps between the rooftops are minimal, but enough to feel adventurous.

The soft breeze, the warmth of the sun, the sound of cablecars clanging down Hyde street, the fog horn of a ship traveling under the misty golden gate bridge and seagulls overhead.. all the sounds of the city mingle together.

So I didn't hear back from that dream company I applied for.. but c'est la vie. I'll just send out more resumes. We didn't find that dream apartment yet.. but we will eventually.

But at that moment on the rooftop...All the stress of last week faded away for a while. Life is too short to not let go and enjoy it once and a while...

I have to keep believing that things will get sorted out and fall into place eventually.

I just posted some new self-portraits from last week. You can click back to view them..

and....HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


Day 110 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:21 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>