Day 31 - California, originally uploaded by clarity25.

"And if there is any spot in the world beautifully distracting enough to cure the aching of an everyday heart, San Francisco is surely it."

"San Francisco itself is art, above all literary art. Every block is a short story, every hill a novel. Every home a poem, every dweller within immortal. That is the whole truth."


I snapped this picture while walking through the streets of San Francisco. I was standing on California street at 4:30 P.M. (Right next to Cal Foods, Hyde out pub, and the California Street Cafe)

If you ever get lost, you just have look down at the sidewalks. the street names are all carved into the sidewalks at every corner.

I have these moments where I stop and for that moment time seems to stop.

I think "I live in California now...CALIFORNIA!"

It's still so new to me and exciting. I wonder when this feeling will fade.

I hope it never does.

Day 31 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 6:25 PM |


1 Comments:


At Tuesday, October 30, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

I walked California Street every day for 3+ years as I worked at California & Sansome/Battery and lived at Fillmore & Eddy. I'd walk up California to Fillmore and then down to Eddy. I wouldn't recommend you going to Fillmore & Eddy - not a good neighborhood and nothing to see there, except my old building. ;-)



<body>