Day 117 - hiding, originally uploaded by clarity25.

This is not just a photograph of my bed. I am in the shot. I'm just hiding with the blanket pulled over my head. I'm not feeling very photogenic this morning.

I was up late partying with Eric (until 5:30 A.M.) and now I'm paying for it...

I also woke up on the right side of the bed. I nearly rolled over the edge. It was very disorienting.

Then I had a flashback of last night.

We were in eachother's arms when I said: "Honey, How come I always sleep on the left side of the bed? For nearly 5 years I've been sleeping on the left side and you've been sleeping on the right. Why is that?!"

Eric was thoughtful "Hmm... I don't know. Do you want to switch sides?"

"I think it's time to take the plunge."

"Okay, Whatever you say. lets do it."

So we switched sides.

It felt strange. We ended up on two separate sides of the bed hugging our pillows instead of eachother. Apparently we had a routine that just worked for us. The right side felt...wrong.

I think I'll switch back to the left side tonight.

Random Question: Do you establish routines in your life? For example: Do you usually sleep in the same place or side on your bed? eat meals at the same time?

Now if we can only go to bed at a decent hour like mature adults..we'll be set. My head is pounding.

Day 117 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 5:33 AM |


2 Comments:


At Wednesday, February 07, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Oh, honey, going to bed at a decent hour like an adult is so unrewarding and not worthy of the effort.

I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 5:30. Shit, I get up anywhere to 30-60 minutes before that. Being an adult is highly overrated!

Yes, I always sleep on the same side of the bed, but even though it's a double bed, I find myself sleeping on the very edge. And how do you determine which side is the left side or the right side? Is it when you're in the bed or when you're facing the bed? If I'm in the bed it's the right side.

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007, Blogger MamaKBear 

Hubby and I are the same way...we each have had our "sides" of the bed for years, and any time we switch, it's just weird.

Creatures of habit. :)



<body>