Day 112 - R.I.P, originally uploaded by clarity25.

This is a lot less morbid than it looks. Don't worry. No I'm not dying. In fact, I feel a lot better today. I made myself look more withered in photoshop. I was experimenting with different techniques. I just uploaded the other images I've taken over the past few days.

Being so sick this week really made me appreciate my health.. We tend to take it for granted until something happens.

I was contemplating my life today and reflecting on things. It started when I pulled out an old book I've had since 1997 and opened to a random page. It had me thinking and it's the inspiration for this picture..., so I thought I'd share the chapter.

Chapter 21 "Imagine your own Funeral"

"This strategy is a little scary for some people but universally effective at reminding us what's most important in our lives.

When we look back on our lives, how many of us are going to be pleased at how uptight we were? Almost universally, when people look back on their lives while on their deathbed, they wish that their priorities had been quite different. They wish they had spent more time with the people and activities that they truly loved and less time worrying about aspects of life that, upon deeper examination, really don't matter all that much. Imagining yourself at your own funeral allows you to look back at your life while you still have the chance to make some important changes.

While it can be a little scary or painful, it's a good idea to consider you're own death and, in the process, your life. Doing this will remind you of the kind of person you want to be and the priorities that are most important to you.

If you're at all like me, you'll probaby get a wake up call that can be an excellent source of change"


-Richard Carlson PHD

The thought gave me goosebumps. I realize that there is a lot I need to change.. starting now.

While I'm alive.

Day 112 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 7:18 AM |


2 Comments:


At Sunday, February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Beautiful picture. Strangely peaceful and beautiful.Insightful words. We should all examine our lives once in a while.

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

You honestly take the most beautiful pictures.

Hey! Is that one of my necklaces?

I think I do too well at doing things that are fun and I'd probably look back on my deathbed thinking, "Ya know, if you had worked harder and saved more you wouldn't be dying in this cardboard box perched under a freeway overpass."



<body>