I'm trying to shoot down two birds with one stone with this photograph. The letter J (Take a Class with Dave) and today's self-portrait (365 days).

Here are my oldest pair of jeans. They date back to 1997. For someone that travels as much as I do, It's amazing I've managed to hold on to them. A lot of my clothing has gotten tossed or donated to Goodwill in the moving process. This pair I didn't want to let go of. They are hiphugging vintage style bell-bottoms. The button broke a 4 weeks ago so I had to hold it together with my fingers for the shot. The bottom is torn to threads from being too long and dragging on the ground. Now they're just painting jeans.

This pair of jeans has traveled with me to Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Las Vegas, New Mexico, Arizona,Germany, France, and Holland. If it could speak it would have quite a story to tell. I don't even know what brand it is, because the label fell off too.

I just know that I love them and I probably wont let them go. Too many memories..

Do you also have an old piece of clothing that you wont let go of?

Day 113 (yes, I'm finally all caught up and recovered from my sickness) of 365 Days

J is for Jeans - take a class with Dave

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 7:19 AM |


6 Comments:


At Sunday, February 04, 2007, Blogger MamaKBear 

Yup...just gotta love a good ol' comfy pair of jeans! I used to have a pair that I totally loved, but alas they got worn out beyond repair. :(

As for me having clothes of my own that I just can't part with...not really. BUT I have a couple of things of Meghan's that I'll never be able to bring myself to get rid of, like the dress she wore when we brought her home from the hospital, and her first tiny little pair of shoes. :)

At Sunday, February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I have a flannel shirt from highschool that I can NOT part with. I just love it too much!

At Monday, February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Your very own traveling pants! :D My items I won't part with are a couple of super-ratty t-shirts. I've had one of them for 14 years and I will not throw it away until it disintigrates.

At Monday, February 05, 2007, Blogger MamaKBear 

LOL...Funny you said that, Goingloopy...when I originally was reading this post, my mind flashed to the movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants."!

At Monday, February 05, 2007, Blogger MamaKBear 

btw...I'm MamaKBear.

At Wednesday, February 07, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Sadly, none of my favorite old jeans fit anymore. Don't get old.

I realised the other day that I have socks that are a good 16 years old at least. And not a hole in the toe, while I have socks less than a year old with multiple holes in the toes. How weird is that?

I'm going to have to check my closet.



<body>