Day 125 - We have the key!, originally uploaded by clarity25.

It's 9:30 P.M. I'm sitting on the hardwood floor of our new apartment typing this entry on my laptop. This area has so much free WIFI floating around from all the coffeeshops and bars. I'll be able to use that until our own service gets installed on Wednesday.

We received the key today!

The previous tenant was such a nice person. He left us his curtains his microwave, some cleaning supplies, toiletries, some spoons and cups. Then he wished us luck.

Believe it or not, we are all moved in.

This is because we have so little and we are basically starting over again from scratch. We left most of our belongings in my parents garage because they couldn't fit in John's already furnished apartment. We drove here to San Francisco a number of months ago with a few boxes, our clothing, 3 suitcases and a french easel. We have a coffeemaker and an office chair.

...and that's basically it.

Someone on Craigslist is getting rid of their futon and we'll be picking that up tomorrow. We have a comforter and pillows though. So...Tonight we'll be sleeping on the floor. Granted, it's not the most luxurious temporary arrangement but I'm so excited I really could care less.

We are on the bottom floor apartment, The windows are open. We can hear the clang of the california street cable car and fog horns in the distance tonight. Other than that.. it's so quiet. Just the sound of the hardwood creaking underneath our feet and Eric is unpacking some of our clothing into the hallway closet as I type this..

We have so little right now and our voice echoes when we talk in this little empty studio... but I couldn't be happier than I am right now.

This is it. This is the first night of our new beginning in our new place. In time this little home will fill up with the necessary furniture, pictures on the walls, books, plates, bowls, pots, pans.. piece by piece it's all going to come together.

We have a bottle of champage we're going to crack open soon and pour into two drinking glasses.

It still feels unreal, I'm in a slight daze. As though I'm going to pinch myself and find out that this is all a dream. there are so many thoughts rushing through my head.. This has all happened so fast and there's some loose strings that need to be tied up..For now I'll just enjoy this moment. Tomorrow is another day.

. You can click back one and see some of the pics I took of the flat. I'll post more as the place starts to come together.

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:31 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>