Day 53 - slow down, originally uploaded by clarity25.

When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be 13. I thought I would have more freedom as a teenager.

When I was 13, I wanted to be 16 because I would be officially allowed to date. (My parents were incredibly strict)

When I was 16, I wanted to be 18 so I could go out to dance clubs with my friends.

When I was 18, I wanted to be 21 so that I could get into bars.

I left for college on my 18th birthday, within 4 months I was dating a 26 year old senior. He had to drop me off at my dorm room before he went out drinking with his friends because I couldn't get in. I was too young and I didn't have a fake id. I always felt like I was missing out.

All of my friends in college were older than me. Celine, John and Eric included.

When I was 21, I wanted to be 25. I thought by THEN I would have life figured out. I'd have that ideal job and own a home. I'd feel like a "proper adult"

But that didn't happen when I turned 25.

Now I would love to freeze time. I feel like it's all moving too fast, like I'm moving through my twenties at warp speed and I can't live up to my previous expectations. It's funny how that happens. You spend your youth wanting to get older and then your older years wanting to be younger again.

I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to just "chill out" that I wasn't missing out on anything. It's not a race to the finish line. It's about the journey not the destination.

random Question: Do your closest friends tend to be older or younger than you?

Day 53 of 365 days

P.S. Tomorrow is our interview the landlord. *fingers crossed* If this goes well.. we'll be moving into the apartment of our dreams on December 1st.

It doesn't have a view of golden gate bridge or access to the roof top. I will miss peering down at the view of San Francisco, listening to the sounds of the city and feeling the wind in my face..

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 11:39 AM |


4 Comments:


At Wednesday, November 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Mine are mainly about the same age as me or slightly older. My husband is 6 years older than me. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to go back, I wish I could do things again sometimes, I'd enjoy every moment and not keep thinking that something so much better was round the corner. It's my one regret, that I threw a couple of things away thinking that the grass was greener a bit further along the road. It's not till you get further along that you realise you were wrong and then it's too late to go back.

At Wednesday, November 21, 2007, Blogger Nightmare 

I have a handful of close friends and they are about the same age, well with in a year or two of me.

At Wednesday, November 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I only have a couple of friends who are the same age as me, most are either a bit younger or older. My husband is 6 years older than me, which is funny because my youngest uncle and him are the same age!
Just love where you are in life, it's all you can do to not dwell on the past and get too caught up in dreaming about the future.
I've learned that the hard way!

At Monday, November 26, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

It's funny, years ago all my friends were older than me. Now my friends are mostly younger than me.

But to me, I'll always be 26.



<body>