Day 52 - Thank you!, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Today I looked back at the pictures I've taken since I signed up for Flickr. I couldn't believe how many there were..

I joined Flickr in August 2006 because I heard about it from my friends. I've always loved taking pictures and my camera is like an extension of my body. I carry it with me everywhere.

In October, 2006.. I posted my first 365 days entry ( HERE )

That was over one year ago. I had just moved back to New York with My husband, Eric after living in Germany for four years. It was a real struggle living as a married couple at home again in my twenties but It was something I needed to do. My family was going through a really hard time and I wanted to be there to help them

Over the course of one year, so much has changed in my life and it was all documented here. I met a community of other photographers and bloggers from different locations over the world that really became a support network and true friends to me.

You were there to cheer me on when we moved out and got our own place in New York. ( HERE ), when we bought our car, Marty ( HERE ). You encouraged me when I was nervous about my new job ( HERE ). You came along during my first trip to Las Vegas ( HERE ) and offered road trip advice when we decided to quit our jobs and drive across the country from New York to San Francisco ( HERE ) and you even came along for the ride from motel to motel across the United States. ( HERE )

There were troubles along the way. My mother's surgery ( HERE ), My brother's problems ( HERE ) and when "Marty" broke down ( HERE ) financial struggles, fears and doubts. Ups and downs of life...The good times and the bad.. you really helped me get through it.

In the past year and a half, I've moved from Germany to New York, from New York to San Francisco. It's been a crazy transitional time of my life. Even though I missed a month or so when my computer broke down and I started over at Day 1 again once I moved to San Francisco... I have 270 days of my life recorded here in total.

I just wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for being there as friends. For your support, encouragement and advice over the past year. It meant a lot.

Going through all of your photostreams and blogs , seeing glimpses of your lives and the stories you share motivated me to keep going. I feel like I know a lot of you even though we never met in person.


I don't know where I'll be when this 365 days project comes to an end, but hopefully we'll have a new apartment, jobs we truly love and MAYBE we'll even be building a nursery for our first child. (me.. a mother? imagine that...)

Who knows what the future brings? I just have to take it day by day and enjoy the journey.

It's all a part of life.

Thanks for coming along for the ride with me so far

Day 52 of 365 days

P.S. So...The landlord finally called us! She wants 2 months of paystubs, tax statements, letters of recommendation and a full extensive interview on Sunday.

Then she will give us the final verdict on whether or not we get the apartment.

You would think we were trying to adopt her first born child. This is crazy...

I hope we make it past the final elimination round and she hands us the keys. *fingers crossed*. ah.. so nervewracking.....

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 11:38 AM |


0 Comments:




<body>