Day 88 - One of those days..., originally uploaded by clarity25.

I woke up this morning with throbbing behind my eyes and my head spinning.

Last night I went out with a group of friends to our favorite local hole-in-the-wall pub. It had been a while since we've done that. Eric's new work hours make it hard. Even though we were exhausted, we went anyway. We knew that we needed to get out and unwind.

There was a lot of drama swirling around us. Romances, lost love, arguments and confrontation. It was like an episode of "Sex in the City" I watched it all unravel and tried to offer good advice but it's hard... When you're married for so long, you almost forget the dynamics of dating. The delicate dance it requires. The jumping back and forth, the uncertainty, the dramatic aspects of not knowing where a relationship is heading.

Most of the friends we hang out with are single free spirits and we've got "the ball and chain.":) I don't miss the dating game though.

When we got home at 4:20 A.M., Eric and I had a few more shots of Vodka Citron.

That sent us over the edge. That's why I stumbled out of bed at 1 P.M., squinting from the bright afternoon sunlight and collapsed on the livingroom sofa. I couldn't peel my body off...

When my cellphone started ringing, the sound hurt my ears. It was my mother reminding me that we had plans with the family...

So I made a cup of black coffee and reluctantly started my day.

My hangovers weren't this bad in college. I must be getting old.

Day 87 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:31 PM |


1 Comments:


At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

You're so funny. You're getting old??? Dating sucks, but marriage is hard work. I'm scared that I suck at both, not that latter will be happening anytime soon, if ever.

I'm glad you went out though, it's important to do that every once in a while.



<body>