Day 78 - Dreaming, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Last night I had a strange and realistic dream

I was wandering through the woods near my house. It was raining and I could hear laughter in the distance.

Once I reached the clearing, I saw my junior highschool friends all together riding their bikes in circles. They were talking about stealing pumpkins from the neighbors and lining them up on the sidewalk. When they saw me, they stopped talking.

I thought I was young again, since they all were. I felt this youthful excitment. "hey guys!"

But they looked at me strangely.

"Clarity? you..look different"

I glanced down at my hand and saw my wedding band. I realized they saw me as a twenty-something and not a young teenager. They peered at me in confusion. I felt out of place...and old.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I was alone in the woods. It raining harder now and so cold.

I couldn't find my way out of the forest and it was getting dark fast.. There were strange noises coming from every corner..I broke into a run and the sharp tree branches hit against my face.

Then I woke up in a start damp with sweat.

It's weird how some dreams can feel so real that the images stay with you through out the entire day. I wonder if there is any meaning behind the dreams we have or if they're just entirely random.....

Day 78 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:20 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>