Day 77 - Still in shock, originally uploaded by clarity25.

You might remember (Here) that my open camera bag/purse accidentally slipped into a public bathroom sink a while ago in Las Vegas. (I had been tired after the long flight and foolishly put it down on the uneven counter ledge.) The automatic motion sensor faucet kicked in and sprayed a torrent of water onto my Sony Cybershot. After a few days it worked again but the battery pack malfunctioned. In order to turn it on, I have to joggle the battery latch while simultaneously pressing the power button. When I get it right, the camera turns on. The camera isn't quite the same anymore and it has a grainy quality. but at low levels it's fine. I'm just happy it works. I wasn't complaining and I carry it with me everywhere.

I never even entertained the IDEA of getting a new camera. Eric and I are too poor and we just focus on the basics for survival.

So on Christmas day when my father handed me the last box under the tree. "Look there's one final gift with your name on it" I didn't have any crazy expectations.

"To Clarity, Love Santa"

Santa? "Santa" hasn't come to visit in years.

I ripped open the corner and saw the box read "Nikon 8.0 megapixels"

I froze.

I just stopped moving all together. My jaw dropped and I felt like the breath was knocked out of me. I shook my head in disbelief and gazed around the room at the smiling expectant faces of my family.

No...

Way.


My eyes filled with tears. I'm such a dork. It's just that I never thought I'd own a Nikon. It's so out of my price range that I didn't even LOOK at them.

I stared at my father with wide eyes. He was the one behind this. He's the family photographer and the man that taught how to take pictures with HIS Nikon.

He smiled and said "Merry Christmas"

I was speechless.

I have a Nikon! It's so heavy. I don't deserve this. 8.0 megapixels?! This is crazy...

I'm still in shock.

My Father added: "Just don't drop this one in the sink, Okay?"

Day 77 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:19 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>