....He watches The Season Two DVD boxset of Gilmore Girls with you.

Yes, I secretly like that show.

I didn't hear about it until I moved to Germany. When the popularity of this show began to spread, I was DETERMINED NOT to catch the disease. It looked too cheesey for my taste. My friend lent me the boxed set of Gilmore Girls Season 1 (In English with German subtitles). I gave her a polite smile and thanked her.

With only 4 German channels, I turned to it in desperation one night...

Only to discover that I actually liked it.

The rapid fire dialogue (the characters deliver their lines at about 500 words per minute without even taking a breathe in-between) was filled with witty literary and Pop culture references that really amused me. I could even overlook the sheer unbelievability of the relationship between the mother and daughter. The sap level is through the roof and yet it's the most relaxing way to unwind after a stressful day from hell.

Eric endures the show with me despite the sometimes predictable plot devices and awful music. He even laughs.

Now THAT is love.

But I KNOW I'm not alone with this, I know there must be a guy out there that has their girlfriend sit through Countless "Star Trek" episodes or a girl that makes their husband watch something awful like "Americas Next Top Model" Here's my confession. So fess up....

Day 67 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:03 PM |


2 Comments:


At Friday, January 12, 2007, Blogger Nightmare 

I LOVE The Gilmore Girls!! SHHH Don't tell no one.

At Tuesday, January 16, 2007, Blogger Nilliem 

We like GG too, hehe. My hubby actually enjoys it, for two reasons. A) The mom...she's hot according to him.
B) Luke. B enjoys people who get to say and do all the things you normally cannot in real life.



<body>