My husband and I worked together in a multimedia company when we lived in Germany. He was the art director, I was the illustrator. We did projects for companies like Mercedez Benz, GreenPeace, and Dr. Oetker

When we moved to New York, we couldn't find a job in the area together. So He took a job outside of his field and I worked freelance. It's a hard transition...For four years we were together 24 hours a day.

Our friends always asked us whether we got sick of eachother, but we didn't. I loved it. We feed off of eachother's creative energy. We even did projects together in Art college. We would swap Canvas's and paint on eachother's work. We were always a team.

We still get the occasional overseas art project to work on together.

But it's not the same.

So I'm sending out our resumes and seeing whether we could get a job again together. I've been busy with that today. It might be a pipe dream. What we had in Germany might have been a once and a lifetime thing... but it's worth a shot.

Our friend gave us his old kitchen table. (see picture) I love it! Our flat is slowly coming together and really feels like home.

The mornings are sometimes lonely though.

...without Eric.

But most people don't work together with their significant others, so I guess it's: "Welcome to the Realworld, Clarity"

I really can't complain about our life. At times, I just miss how it was in Europe...

Day 70 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:13 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>