This afternoon I walked down to a Temp agency in the Financial District.

I figured it couldn't hurt to sign up and see if I could find bring in some extra income with temporary work while I wait for the verdict from my previous job interview.

After a round of extensive tests to determine my typing speed, MS Excel, MS word, Powerpoint and Photoshop skills.. and filling out numerous forms..

I was asked "How soon can you start working?"

"um.. tomorrow?"

"Okay great". My new recruiter handed me a FED EX package. "This is for a one week assignment in a law firm. You'll be doing mostly administrative duties and data entry.. but your first task will be to proctor for the law exam. The exams are in this envelope. Bring them with you tomorrow morning to the following address. The dress code is Business professional. Do you have a business suits?"

"Yes.." (sort of...)

"Okay, good luck. Here's your work ID to register your hours worked on our website at the end of each day."

"Thanks"

and that was it. I walked out with my mysterious Fed Ex package and returned home.

So it' looks like I'll be slipping back into my high heels and returning to the daily grind in...a law firm? The only knowledge of Law firms comes from reading the random John Grisham novels purchased at Airport Kiosks.

That will be a first...Even though it's only a one week assignment, the pay is great.

I'm kind of excited, nervous and wondering what tomorrow has in store for me.

Now I have to head downtown to get a sharp-looking Business suit.

I'll let you know how it goes...

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 6:08 PM |


1 Comments:


At Tuesday, January 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous 

Good luck for your first day!! Keep us posted on how it goes.



<body>