I just realized something today.

I no longer have a single pair of matching socks.

I searched high and low for the missing pairs with no success. I'm not sure when this happened exactly or where those missing socks are disappearing to.. but they're gone.

But somehow that fits my situation, everything in my life is a little out of sync lately and my socks feel like a symbolic representation of it all.

But we're on the right path and I have a feeling things are going to fall into place.

And who knows, I might even find one of my missing socks in the process.

Random Question: When has your life dramatically changed as the result of some seemingly random external influence? how much do you feel in control of the course of your life?

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:32 PM |


3 Comments:


At Wednesday, January 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous 

I roll my socks together, somehow this keeps the socks mated longer than the boys socks because he just folds his socks. It's always the socks that you think you would never lose that go missing, I had a pair of hand knitted thigh high wool socks and one day one was just gone you'd think a giant wool sock wouldn't be easy to lose but it vanished!! I have to think about your final question some..I'll get back to you!

At Thursday, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous 

I like your mis-matched stripy sock look, it's colourful! You have the most impressive array of long stripy socks I've ever seen.

At Sunday, January 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous 

I bought 10 pairs of socks in September and have lost the matches to every pair! I have serious socks problems, but I just have given up and wear my mismatch as well. There's a great website called little mismatch I believe that only sells sets of 3 mismatched socks for people like us! :)



<body>