Day 90 - Massive Storm of 2008, originally uploaded by clarity25.

I woke up to a swaying sensation and heard the sound of our bedroom windows rattling.

I thought it was an earthquake.

Outside the wind was blowing with a ferocious speed that startled me. The Golden Gate bridge was engulfed in a storm cloud and rain pounded on the windows.

I walked out of the bedroom and saw Celine sitting in front of the T.V. "There's a big storm today. The second of three storms coming our way. The winds are blowing at 75 miles per hour. Street lights are down in some parts of the city, electricity outages and trees are falling."

The apartment swayed again as a gust of wind hit the side of our building. "Oh my god! Did you feel that??" I felt unsteady on my feet. We live on the top floor of a very old building on the top of Nob Hill/Russian Hill.

"It's been like this all morning.. it's scary, isn't it?", Celine whispered "I feel like the windows are going to blow in. The radiators stopped working too, it's freezing in here. The Cats are hiding in the closet."

It was a long day.. flickering lights, rattling, rumbling, creaking, swaying and nail biting. I feared the storm would transform into a hurricane or tornado.

But by the afternoon, the winds subsided and the skies cleared.

Anyone else in SF for this insane storm?

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:30 PM |


1 Comments:


At Thursday, January 17, 2008, Blogger Kathleen 

It's weird how your move to SF is echoing my move to SF 11 years ago. We got crazy-ass storms like that in January after I moved there, as well. It was insane.

Don't worry, it doesn't usually rain like that in SF.



<body>