Day 92 - Muir Woods, originally uploaded by clarity25.

I've wanted to visit Muir Woods ever since I saw "Vertigo" by Alfred Hitchcock. I always dreamed that someday I would live in San Francisco and have the opportunity. Every weekend, I wanted to take a drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and checking it out. Somehow there was always something else to do instead.

But this Sunday was finally the day.

It's about a 30 minute drive outside of the city. The roads leading to Muir woods were curvy and on steep cliffs. Every curve we drove around, I gazed down at the massive drop and felt a little naucious. The view was breathtaking though.

I couldn't believe the size of the trees when we reached the forest. They stretched up high into the heavens and the trunks were HUGE. I've never seen anything like this before in my life. I was awestruck. It reminded me of the ewok jungle in Star Wars. It had a magical quality..



We needed to get away from the city for a while. I'm really glad we just jumped in the car and made that trip.

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:31 PM |


2 Comments:


At Thursday, January 17, 2008, Blogger Kathleen 

The one time I got to Muir Woods, we got totally lost. I found the lack of birds eerie. It was so quiet there, no squirrels, no birds, just a lot of ladybugs.

At some point you'll have to get to the Redwood Forest down near Santa Cruz. Those trees are even larger.

At Friday, February 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous 

I have the exact same picture of myself in that very tree... I wonder how many millions of people have stood in that tree in front of the camera lense. I am living in Kansas, middle of the united states... and I have stood in that same tree. Trippy. Hope things are well with you and yours. Jessica aka Orlith



<body>