7 girls, 120 men... I'm a minority here at the workshop

The Concept Art field is dominated by men. Particularly in the film and videogame department.

It's a little intimidating. The instructors in this program I'm attending are all men except for ONE woman. They make sexist jokes about drawing woman's breasts bouncing, nipples and trying to sneak in nudity. The guys were roaring with laughter and clapping their hands.

All I can do is shake my head slightly with a smile and roll my eyes.

As a girl, you're looked at differently. It's as though they expect you to pull out a portfolio with stick figures, rainbows and badly drawn Unicorns. You have to work twice as hard to overcome the stereotypes.

They seem surpised that a girl can draw at all.

but I'm enjoying the challenge

I'll prove them wrong and pave the way for more female artists in a male dominated field...

I hope.

Day 61 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 12:54 PM |


0 Comments:




<body>