It's Fleet week in San Francisco.

Eric, Celine and I sat down on the rooftop with all the other people living in this apartment building and watched the show.

You can see Eric sporting some TOPGUN shades for the occasion. I love the look, I smile everytime I see this picture. he should wear those shades more often:)

Technically this IS a self-portrait. That's my foot in the lower right hand corner.

I actually took some VIDEO FOOTAGE with my camera of the planes performing

Here is a clip of a smaller plane doing tricks in the air over the bay area.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLo4zfTBEOs

Here's footage of the larger jets arriving and flying in over our heads I also panned over the area so you can see our view from the roof of the golden gate bridge.

youtube.com/watch?v=5D46iilOIFg

The experience was exciting. I've never seen a flight show before. The blue angels flew right over our building at one point. The sound was so loud, we all covered our ears and looked up in surprise. It gave me a big rush and a slight tinge of fear as it zoomed over head.

People were on all the rooftops all around us...cheering, drinking and pointing up at the sky.

Day 18 of 365 days

Our rooftop neighbors

Fleetweek, San francisco, California

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:50 PM |


1 Comments:


At Thursday, October 18, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Oh so many years ago, I stood on a roof further west than where you are. The Blue Angels freak me out flying so low over the City and flying between the GG's towers, but the first time is always exciting.



<body>