Day 206 - Packing, originally uploaded by clarity25.

We have a very small Toyota Corolla. So the space in our car is limited.

We have to fit all of our clothing, toiletries, food, water, car supplies and our bulky computer (Big towers, hulking montitor, Drawing tablet and speakers) into our car.

so we only have room for ONE BOX with our treasured belongings. I threw in all my journals, sketchbooks, photoalbums and the movies from my DVD collection that I simply can't separate from. It was hard to narrow it down..

But some movies I can't part with because they're just my favorites and they represent different stages in my life. They come with me everywhere.

1. My So Called Life - I know I'm not 15 anymore, but for some reason I can't let go of this box set. Anytime I see it, I'm transported back to my highschool years. At age 15, it was my favorite show in the world. It has a sentimental value that I can't describe. I probably wont watch it at all in San Francisco, yet the the thought of leaving it behind just breaks my heart.

2. American Pop - Not many people know this movie, but it was my favorite in Art College. I must have watched it a hundred times. You should check it out, the soundtrack and artwork will blow you away.

3. Reality Bites - Basically My life right after college graduation and one of the wittiest movies ever made. (in my humble opinion)

4. Office Space - The funniest movie EVER. Plus it represents my life over the past 5 months.

5. Breakfast at Tiffany's - A classic, My favorite and a gift from a treasured friend.

6. Koyanitsquatsi - Eric' favorite movie. He wont go anywhere without it now. Another gift.

We have a little more space left in that box, then we have to seal it shut.

That comes with us

....and everything else we own will either be sold in a garage sale, EBAY or go into storage for a later date.

We have A LOT of packing to do

and only 5 days left

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 8:20 PM |


3 Comments:


At Friday, September 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Don't tell anybody, but I used to love My So Called Life also... the Clare Danes character reminded me of me when I was that age...a little lost, a little confused, a little love lorn....except for the whole being a chick thing... :-) now that you know way more than you ever wanted to about me - have fun on your trip!

At Friday, September 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Yeah Office space is a lot of what I have to deal with. The people you work with are usually much more rewarding than the position itself.

Of course for some egomaniacs like myself doing well in the job is rewarding as well. And the sorriest thing at work is that someone stole my stapler...please return it!

At Friday, September 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I LOVED My so Called Life when it was on! I always though Brian Krakow was cuter than Jordan Catalano, it's the blond curly hair thing.

My whole team at work jokes that we actually are an Office Space reality show and don't know it.

And well Breakfast at Tiffany's, if someone says they don't like it I just dont think I could be friends with them it's just to perfect of a movie.



<body>