Day 198 - So much to do...., originally uploaded by clarity25.

**Saturday**

There's a lot to do and very little time. It always helps to write a list.

This upcoming move to San Francisco would feel a lot less overwhelming and daunting if I had more TIME to get things done.

It's hard when we're both working full time.

This week went by so fast, I didn't even have time to collect my thoughts.

Work..sleep...work...sleep..eat...work..sleep...

I feel like I'm running on a non-stop treadmill and everything is slipping out of my grasp. I didn't have much time for photography or any creativity this week. Which is why I was absent from Flickr. My updates might become sporadic during this time... But I'll be sure to always check in at least once a week.

Right now we're trying to find affordable plane tickets to San Francisco so we can visit our friend a few weeks BEFORE the move. We want to spend a couple of days with him, check out the area, look into the job opportunity...etc. It's better then just quitting our current jobs, leaving everything behind and jumping blindly into this new scenario.

Just checking in to let you know I'm still alive. I took a 365 pic for Friday too. You can click back to view it. Hopefully my next picture will be a picture of PLANE TICKETS. *fingers crossed*

I have to get back to my search...My aunt is a flight attendant... Maybe I should give her a call for advice.

Have a good weekend!

Day 198 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 4:29 PM |


6 Comments:


At Saturday, July 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

It's 48 days until we move into our new house(I wrote you an email all about it!). We have so much to so I really know how you feel!!
And don't even get me started on what needs to be done when we move in...every thing is dusty blue and rose!
Just do a bit each day and it won't seem like such a mountain!

So airlines still do standby? Would that be an option? I know they are usually cheap.

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

If yo are worried about the cats going seperately on a plane could you send them by train? My cousin did that with her dog. Having said that a friends of mine moved form the UK to Australia and their dog went seperately because he had to go straight into quarantine and that went without a hitch.

Brandy is right, try and do a little bit of sorting out and packing each night and you'll get there in no time, we packed up, cleaned up and moved everything intot he new house in a week which was rather stressful but is possible. The answer seems to be to throw loads of stuff away, we did 11 trips to the tip to ditch stuff and 3 to the charity shop.

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Blogger Nightmare 

I hope that you get close enough to call me on the way by!!

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Blogger Jen 

Have you tried Kayak.com? Also, Midwest Airlines is sometimes cheaper (and I don't think Kayak searches their site)...Southwest is another economy airline. Booking this late though, airfares tend to be a bit higher. Flying on a Saturday will usually be cheaper than a Friday or Monday. Southwest won't publish fares from LaGuardia to San Fran until 8/26, so if you are flying before that, they are out.

Bestplaces.net is a good site to research different cities (job growth, economy, housing, etc.)

Monster.com is my all time favorite job search engine.

And Moving.com helps you create a timeline and gives you helpful advice and links to tons of information!

Hope all of this helps! Don't worry, you have plenty of time and you'll get everything done :) This will be a continuance to one of the greatest adventures you could possibly embark on. I'm jealous :) I'm too much of a chickenshit to move very far away.. you are one brave girl, Clarity. Just think of the stories you'll be able to pass on!

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

jet blue has round trip tickets from JFK to San Fran (on or after Sept 12) for $358 per person. that's the best I've seen.

At Monday, July 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I take that back, southwest airlines has La Guardia to San Fran leaving August 28 and coming back Sept 2 for $235 per person.



<body>