We're in San Francisco! It's beautiful...

Eric and John are lounging on the sofa talking and the livingroom windows are open. We can hear the bells of the Street cars clanging in the distance and there is a soft breeze coming in. The view from his apartment is absolutely stunning! You can actually see the golden gate bridge and all the mountains in the distance.

It's like gazing at a postcard image. It's hard to believe it's real. John's apartment dates back to the early 1900's and has all hardwood floors. A strange layout attached to the livingroom is a separate room with just windows on all sides.

Getting here was a real struggle. We were bumped off two flights. We were in the airport for 9 hours!

I was so tired and I was close to giving up hope. We were on the bottom of every standby list even though we had arrived 4 hours early. it was so discouraging.

Then suddenly there was an opening in First class. The 4 people ahead of us were dressed in T-shirt and jeans. They chose US because we were wearing business attire (like our Aunt told us to dress). We were allowed to bypass the others and were put on the flight last minute. First they said there was only ONE seat available and tried to separate us. But just one minute before, they realized there were TWO seats. They rushed us onto the plane.

So we flew FIRST CLASS to San Francisco. I've never flown first class before. It was amazing, the food (a 5 course meal with unlimited cocktails), the big leather seats that tranform into beds,

I still can't believe we're here... I can't believe we're going to live here...

There's so much more I want to write about, but we're heading out now. John wants to show us Golden Gate park.

I'll update again when I get a chance, I just wanted to check in a let you know that we made it! We're here..

we're actually here!

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 2:00 PM |


4 Comments:


At Sunday, July 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

aw, girl, it's sooooo good to hear you genuinely excited about something. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy yourselves!

At Monday, July 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Can't wait to see the photos when you get back! You sound sooo happy!

At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Wow! That's a much nicer view than I had when I lived there. I hope John showed you the buffalo in GG Park.

I'm so glad you got on the plane, eventually! And First Class! Woohoo!!!

At Thursday, July 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I cannot believe that is his view, no wonder his rent is so high. Woo hoo for first class!



<body>