Day 99 - 7 A.M. Coffee Break, originally uploaded by clarity25.

I have real coffee again. (Yesterday's coffee was disgusting.-- see previous picture)

This picture was taken during a coffee break at 7 A.M., I love the early morning light coming in through the blinds. Warm sun, steaming cup of Joe and being comfortable in Eric's Pj bottoms.

This morning I was contemplating life and the goals we set for ourselves.

If you knew you could devote yourself to any single occupation, Music, writing, acting, business, politics, art, medicine..etc and be among the best and most successful in the world at it,

What would you choose?

If you knew you only had a 10 percent chance of being so successful... Would you still put in the effort?


Yesterday we spent the afternoon with our friend, Karen. Today I have to go to the DMV to have our new car inspected, get the plates and hand in the insurance papers.

It's a Toyota Corolla. Yes we finally have a car. It's used. Cheap and has 190,000 miles on it.

But it drives.

,Day 99 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 8:05 AM |


6 Comments:


At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Medicine.. specifically genetics.

Congratulations on the car!

At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

You guys finally have a car! Congrats! I just barely got my first car last August and I don't know how I survived all these years without one. Especially in California. Yeesh.

I'd devote myself to music and writing, whether or not I'd have any success. But it's putting in the effort, no matter what the outcome, that's the hard part.

At Thursday, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'd do what I do now, even if I couldn't be the best at it. I love my job, even when it's completely stress-filled like it has been for two months.

Congrats on the car!! I'm so thrilled you were able to get one so soon after moving. This will make a huge difference in your life.

At Friday, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I think I would chose acting or art, both worlds seem like ones I could easily fall in love with. I know too much about the music world to enjoy it properly, sort of a been there done that thing.


At the end of the day the only thing that really counts is if your happy with what your doing and it isn't soul sucking.
I honestly believe that artists would never be happy doing something that wasn't creative, even if there is only a 10% chance of success that's all the more reason to try. Because as long as theres that 10% theres something to work towards.

Ugh I knew that coffee would taste disgusting. You are a brave, brave girl. If you ever are in my neck of the woods I'll take you on a coffee tour. Oh and when I drank that much, I didn't get jittery at all, in fact I could go home and sleep! Then I laid off it for a long time and now if I have 4 cups Im a bit tweaked.
A local coffee chain right now has a dark chocolate raspberry latte...sooo good.

At Friday, January 19, 2007, Blogger Lisa K 

woohoo! new car! congrats! I would write if I was very successful. If not successful, no I wouldn't because other wise I'd be writing right now. I just don't have the confidence in myself.

At Thursday, January 25, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Congrats on the car, girl! I can't wait for you to have the freedom to go anywhere!

I was thinking the other day that if I had money (and the patience), that I would contemplate going back to school for Library Science. Not exactly going to set the world on fire, am I?



<body>