13.1.07
Day 94 - COLD

Day 94 - COLD, originally uploaded by clarity25.

The temperature is dropping now. There still isn't even a flake of snow falling, but the window was covered in frost. That's a promising sign.

Unfortunately, it's freaking COLD here in the house.

You wonder why I wear knee-high socks. It's not exactly a fashion statement, it's a necessity. I would freeze to death otherwise.

Yes the rent is cheap and everyone is jealous of how little we pay per month for such a spacious flat (by New York Standards). All utilities are covered in one low cost.

But there IS a reason.

I think this picture illustrates that. No matter how high we turn up the heat, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. That's why I'm curled up in my bathrobe with my knees pulled up. I'm hunched over like YODA right now as I type this. Sitting on my bed with the laptop.

I wouldn't mind if it were at least snowing. I could shiver at gaze at the pretty sight of a layer of fresh snow..

Out of curiosity, How many people reading this can look out their window and see snow right now?

I think I'm coming down with a cold, That might be why I was feeling so weak and out of sorts yesterday.

Day 94 of 365 days

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 7:38 AM |


9 Comments:


At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

No snow in North Central Ohio. It all melted in the rain :(
---Nixtress

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Snow in New Mexico, though slowly melting. More expected today.

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

No snow here in CANADA! Well Southern Ontario anyhow. It's actually been really mild here only dipping below 0 degrees a couple of times and I have yet to see snow on the ground. It makes me wonder what we have done to our planet.
Two things to combat the cold basement apartments:
down slippers, if you can find these buy them! they are sort of ugly but they are sooo warm.
And space heater. Im sure you could pick one up at the local home depot, get one with a fan and automatic turn off.

Ps thanks for all the comments ;)

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

No snow here in Detroit, but I did have to scrape ice off my car when I went out at 1:30.

I understand being cold in your own apt. I found an electric blanket was helpful and of course knee socks, slippers and multiple layers, but the electric blanket works great and doesn't raise the electric bill too much. Oh wait, if you don't pay the utilities then who cares! And a scarf. I've been known to wear a scarf in my own apt, too.

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Yes, I see snow and ice in Oklahoma City. We're expected to get a few more inches of ice before the weekend is over. I hope that means no work on Monday!

It's cold in my apt, too. I bought another (so this means I have three) space heater before this ice storm hit. Space heaters are about $50 - ask Eric if he can get a discount on one where he works.

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Blogger Lisa K 

You do look comfy and warm though! No snow here in Illinois:(

At Saturday, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

Cool picture. I like the different directional stripes!

No snow here yet either!

At Sunday, January 14, 2007, Blogger Nightmare 

The Weather in KC sucks! 15 outside, and ice/sleet on the ground.

At Sunday, January 21, 2007, Blogger candoor 

when I lived in NYC, we used to tape-seal clear unsulation plastic to the walls around every window frame... it helped a lot, but we sacrificed being able to open windows at a whim without having to peel back take and then re-tape when it got cold again... we did that on two windows when we wanted to air out the place...

no snow here in, umm, Orlando :)



<body>