Day 211 - On the road again, originally uploaded by clarity25.

This picture was taken during the drive through Ohio towards the border of Indiana. Endless miles of cornfields, barns and open road.

It's 7:30 A.M. Central time and I'm sitting in a motel room in Moline, Illinois.


Population 43,768 and home of the "Quad city steam wheelers".

That's all I know about this city. It's a mystery to me. This is my first time in Illinois. We arrived last night at 11:30 P.M.

The Sunlight is streaming through the sheer curtains. Hubby is still sleeping and he looks so peaceful all nestled in the sheets. We have to hit the road again soon .

We traveled through 3 states yesterday and we hit the 1,000 mile mark of our journey at 9:29 P.M. I still can't believe we're on this road trip. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to confirm that it's truly happening!

I wrote all about the details of Day 2 of my road trip and posted more pictures in my travel diary HERE

I have to wake up Eric, take a shower and check out of this hotel. We need to start getting ready for Day 3 of road trip. Something tells me we probably wont actually hit the road again until noon...

I'll update again when I reach our next stopping point

We are almost half-way to San Francisco!!

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 10:46 PM |


2 Comments:


At Wednesday, September 19, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

Oy vey. Please tell me that you only had your feet up on the dash for the picture, because it's a really bad idea to drive like that (even if you don't have a passenger airbag). My maternal instincts combined with my restraints background makes me cringe when I see people driving with their feet on the dash. Please please please promise me you'll never ever do it again! Or I'll regale you with stories of why it's not such a good idea. For the record, I've had to yell at my mother for the exact same thing. ;-)

At Thursday, September 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I live 40 minutes away from Moline!



<body>