Day 210 - First stop, originally uploaded by clarity25.

Right now...We are sitting in a motel room...in the middle of nowhere...

Otherwise known as Newton Falls in Trumbell County, Ohio.

Population 5,000 and area code 44444.

Yes, 44444

(?)

It's the smallest little town I've ever seen. Their most famous tourist attraction is an old covered bridge at the edge of town. The main street area reminds me of "Stars Hollow" from The Gilmore Girls. I thought towns like this only existed in movies and television shows! I think everyone knows eachother and probably are gossiping about the newcomers that just checked into the local motel as I type this...

We arrived here a half an hour ago

Motel room

We pulled our luggage into our 40$ motel room, the woman that gave us the keys had a beehive hairdo

It's not too bad for the price..microwave, fridge, bathtub, big screen t.v. and free internet. I can't complain. Eric and I bounced up and down on the bed, it's comfy ;)

I can't believe we're here, it doesn't feel real. I'm exhausted but also excited. We had a late start this morning. We were on the road for 9 and a half HOURS, we made a few stops a long the way...

There's a little DINER down the road that serves food late into the night, so we're going to wander over there to grab a bite to eat. we're starving.. We also need to take a nice long warm shower, get freshened up...and unwind together

I have so much to write about...so much I want say about our first day on the road and so many pics to post, but It will have to wait until tomorrow morning when I'm a little more coherent..

Just checking in and letting you know that we survived the first day of our road trip and we made it to our first destination point. 5 more days and we'll be in San Francisco!

More details coming tomorrow morning...

on the road

 
posted by Clarity: 365 days at 9:01 PM |


2 Comments:


At Tuesday, September 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm loving the pictures! keep them coming! I hope you slept well:). good luck on the rest of your journey!

At Tuesday, September 11, 2007, Blogger Kathleen 

I love you, girl. Just felt the need to say that. And it's nice to know you were so close to me. Have a safe safe safe trip.

Hugs to you and Eric.



<body>